The Ministry of Digital Development, Communications and Mass Communications of the Russian Federation (Ministry of Digital Development, Communications and Mass Communications of Russia) has announced that it has begun accepting applications for deferment from the army for IT specialists.
Accredited IT companies can apply until May 1, 2022. According to the press service, after June 1, the draft board will start making decisions on deferment. After an employee receives a summons, he or she must visit the military registration and enlistment office at the time specified in the summons to confirm the right to a deferment.
In order for an employee to be eligible for a military deferment, several conditions must be met:
- Citizenship of the Russian Federation;
- Age – 18 to 27 (born between 01.04.1995 and 15.07.2004);
- work under an employment contract;
- the normal length of the working day;
- Higher education in a field of study on the deferment list;
- The employee worked at accredited companies for at least 11 months between April 1, 2021, and April 1, 2022, or took a job within one year of graduation.