Last week, the Ministry of Digital Development, Communications and Mass Media of the Russian Federation (Mintsifra Russia) compiled and published a list of Russian analogues of Internet resources and services of foreign companies. Today the list was commented by Roskachevo.
Roskachevo had previously tested many apps by category. As noted by the press service, most of the categories mentioned in the Ministry of Science and Technology have previously been tested, and Russian applications received high marks. According to Roskachevo, Russian developers have proven that they are already capable of creating high-quality software and competing with foreign counterparts.
Sergey Bodrov, head of the Roskachestvo Digital Expertise Center, said:
Speaking of the departure of some foreign online services from the Russian market, do not immediately panic and think that this segment will cease to exist or work normally in Russia. As we can see from our research, in many industries there are Russian services on the market which are not only as good as foreign ones, but sometimes far ahead of them.
The results of Roskachestvo’s research on apps and services:
- Video calling apps: Telegram – ranked #1 on both platforms (Android and iOS), leaving behind Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp and other services.
- Cab Ordering: Yandex.Taxi (1st place on both platforms) and Maxim (2nd place on both platforms) – leaving behind Uber and Gett.
- Online shopping: Ozon (1st place on both platforms) and Wildberries (2nd place on both platforms).
- Job Search: HeadHunter is #1 on both platforms (Android and iOS).
- Mobile browsers: Yandex.Browser – ranked #1 on Android and #2 on iOS (behind Safari), leaving behind Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Samsung Internet and other services.